Wednesday, October 27, 2010
This very Wednesday morning I walked to work from home in the the city to 'work' in the University (about 3 miles) for the first time. Why this waliking madness? I intend to walk from Bailrigg to Bleasdale over part of Bowland Forest and I am 'in training' (another first). The Bailrigg to Bleasdale walk is about 10 miles long, about 2 milies of it over rough moorland. If don't train for this I will, most likely, have to be carried home because my ankles cease up on multi-mile walks over rough ground - very embarrassing.
The idea for the walk came from an expedition to the squares on the moor in the blog entry below. Over the other side of that hill pictured is the Bleasdale valley and village.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thursday, July 08, 2010
- asked me to pay for a download to clean the errors.
- it also offered to clean 18 of them for free.
In the spirit of adventure I let it clean 18 errors. I tried to get 18 more free cleans (you never know) but no go.
Well a few major things that occur to me:
1. I loaded AVG on the machine to STOP this sort of thing and so did millions of others.
2. Is it a sophisticated scam from someone else?
3. has the competition from Microsoft' free AV program caused Grisoft to go for a cash grab?